The Dubai Airshow 2017
The Dubai Airshow is a bienneial display and trade event for aircraft industry.The airshow receives the patronage of Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. The event has been organized by F&E Aerospace since 1989. It has grown from 200 exhibitors in 1989 to more than 1,200 exhibitors in the 2017 event.
One of the premier airshows in the world – The Dubai Airshow was a resounding success in its 2017 edition. Trade visitors coming in for the 5-day aviation extravaganza from 12-Nov to 16-Nov saw a flurry of big ticket deals that are bound to revolutionize the way skies are utilized for traveling.
The exhibition venue had an action-filled five days that saw a mélange of aircraft design innovations, technologies, and innovative solutions that awed the visitors and brought business to the trade participants. As with every show, Boeing and Airbus were in a deep competition to bag deals and improve their order size to make it bigger than the other.
Presenting some of the highlights of the premier aviation and aircraft event
Highlights of the deal held at the Dubai World Central
- The total aircraft deals, commitments, and orders in the five day show stood at 7 billion
- Flydubai signed a 1 billion deal ordering 225 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft carriers, on the fourth day of the show
- Boeing has inked deals and commitments for more than 300 commercial jets across the five days. The total value is pegged at 11 billion
- Airbus was however the biggest benefactor in the show with total order bookings of 5 billion
- Airbus is also credited with the single biggest order ever in the history of aviation, when it bagged a deal for delivering 430 A32neos
- The show also held a static display of a range of aviation innovation, with 160 commercial, military, and business aircraft
- Emirates and Boeing concluded a 46 billion deal on the opening day
- Another prominent highlight of the event was the display of flagship A380 aircraft by both Emirates and Etihad Airlines
Current aviation outlook in the UAE
Forbes has pitched the Middle East to be a leading driver for global aviation turnaround. The Dubai Airshow is a great testimony to this insight. Some interesting observations made here include –
1 – Revenue Per Kilometer – Middle East has an RPK growth of 9% (the highest in the world in 2017)
2 – GDP – GDP growth is expected to maintain the average growth of 1.6% among all 6 signatories to the GCC agreement
3 – Seats availability – The number of seats availability will grow by 10% thanks to additional capacity added.
Impact on UAE economy
UAE is consciously looking to move away from a predominantly oil-based economy. The $44billion worth of deals signed by UAE aircraft carriers and US suppliers will be a positive step in this direction. It will also strengthen the passenger air travel sector in the region for local carriers like flydubai, Etihad, and Emirates.
Research Konnection – Market Research, Feasibility Study & Business Plan Services Dubai (UAE) Research Konnection is a market research company in Dubai that assists local and international companies to setup or expand businesses in Dubai and UAE smoothly. At Research Konnection, we specialize in Market Research, Feasibility Studies and Business Plan Developments. Feel free to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org